Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Rhythms

Often, I'm waking up in the middle of the night for one reason or another. Sometimes there are people walking outside in the late hours, so I get the lantern and take a walk too. Other times, like last night, there is a high pressure sprinkler spraying directly into my window. It's weird but every night there seems to be something happening, or some strange occurrence that I'm not familiar with. I'm getting more comfortable though.


Here is a photo from my bed at about 1:30 am. Trish came around early and we made chestnuts on the camper. The morning time is good for productivity.



Chris also arrived early and brought over some tree stumps for seating from his own wood pile. I was looking for some in the garden, but they're usually taken away pretty quickly. They'll be useful when I have people for dinner on my final night.


The perimeter fence is starting to fall down. I'm not going to fix it. I was watching school kids play around it today. I kept noticing how they would grab the line and pull it, wrap it around their fingers, dart underneath it for a second then pop back out. The fence is the focus or the membrane that they hold on to, it also represents my own framing and limitation. When I leave, it'll go too.